Sunday, February 10, 2008

GOD ENCOURAGES ME

Okay- So my question is, "Who doesn't thrieve on encouragement"? I then will ask, "Who and Where do we look for our encouragement"? I am not asking you anything I haven't asked myself and I have been trying to find those answers. I have found them. Finally after clearing all the cobwebs I have found them... But not where I first looked. I searched in people, places, and things and the encouragement I needed was no where to be found. But when I looked to God, and listened, HE ENCOURAGED ME!

Patsy Clairmont-"How do we find God? Sometimes we search Him out, other times, He "finds"us. Every time we think of God it is because He first had us on His mind. So know that once you have invited Him to enter your life, you are on His mind and He is in you heart."

Barbara Johnson- " God is all knowing, One who sees our scars, our secrets, and our strength. Our wounds and shame are HIS affair, and He knows just how much trouble we can handle. Somehow the fact that He knows us so well makes a difference. We understand there is a direction and we are a part of a bigger picture. From the wilderness in our lives, the fact that He see gives us a reason to carry on."

Psalm 138:3- When I called, you answered me; you made me bold and stouthearted.

Romans 15:5 May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus.

Phil. 2:1-2 If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from His love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, Then make my joy complete by being like-minded, haveing the same love, being one spirit and purpose.

2 Thessaloniana 2: 16-17 May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and be his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word.

I pray these scriptures will open your eyes and heart to be encouraged through Christ. I pray that as I continue on this journey we call life God will keep on growing me in Him and through Him. My God is so amazing!

I am determined to do whatever it takes to keep my spirits up, and my heart pure before my God. I take Him at His word- that He would be with me and take care of me: that He will go befor eme and straighten out the crooked places; and even when I walk through the crooked places HE will guide me. I am trusting Him to be my comforter, friend and great physician. I cannot wait to see what the Lord will do and Where He w ill lead me tomorrow. So untill then, my friends... "Be Encouraged, You Who Worship God."

Until then Kerri

No comments: