Saturday, October 27, 2007

Do I really need that Lord??

Here is the AWESOME thing about God! Even when we SCREW things way up- HE is there to help us make it right, It takes time- but it might be the time to see if we really need all that we "thought" we needed!

The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever. -- 1 John 2:17

So much of what we pursue is fleeting. Once we acquire it, we have to try to preserve it because we know it will soon be gone.God has promised me that just as He is eternal and will live forever, so also are those who pursue a relationship with Him and are committed to do His will. Lord help me to examine every thing in my life and see if it is "really" worth having. : "Even if it is worth having, is it going to last long enough to make a difference?"

Lord, please give me the courage to be honest about what I am pursuing with my life. I want it to count for Your cause.I want to make a difference for good. Some of that desire, I confess, is self-serving. However, dear Father, I truly do want to have a life that impacts others for good and that brings You honor.I don't want to waste my time chasing after things and relationships that won't last and don't matter. Please give me the spiritual wisdom to follow Your will and find Your life rather than chasing the shadow values of life. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

be back soon

No comments: