Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Good Morning

This morning I woke at 4:15a.m.
The last few days have been tough ones. It seems that everything came crashing at once. I have this new CD that has the song "You are Good". It is by point of grace and I have listened to it faithfully for the last week and a half. This morning I woke up with it on my heart- so I went out in the rain and got it. I had it going early and wow- how powerful the song is, when I really listen to it. I decided this morning to "really" apply it to my life today.
Not so much thinking of all my saddness and worries but of how GOOD GOD REALLY IS!
**And tha tno matter what is going on around me, HE IS SO GOOD!!!!

So here are the lyrics. I am sure they dont do the song justice for you--- however they speak to my very soul this morning. Have a wonderful day!


When the sun starts to rise & I open my eyesYou are good, so good
In the heat of the day with each stone that I layYou are good, so good
With every breath I take in,
I’ll tell You I’m grateful again
When the moon rises high before each kiss goodnight, You are good
When the road starts to turn around each bend I’ve learned, You are good, so good
And when somebody’s hand holds me up, helps me stand You are so good
With every breath I take in I’ll tell You I’m grateful again
Cause it’s more than enough just to know I am loved And You are good

Chorus :So how can I thank You, And what can I bring,
What can a poor man lay at the feet of a king
So I’ll sing You a love song,It’s all that I have
To tell You I‘m grateful,For holding my life in Your hands.

When it’s dark and it’s cold and I can’t feel my soul,You are still good
When the world has gone gray and the rain’s here to stay,You are still good
With every breath I take in, I’ll tell You I’m grateful again
And the storm may swell even then it is well,You are good

Chorus:So I’ll sing You a love song,It’s all that I have
To tell You I‘m grateful
For holding my life in Your handsYou are holding my life in Your hands

2 comments:

Sherry's quiet place said...

that song is so true he does hold us in his hands and just as the drummer boy had only his drum and a song from his hart so must we serve him from our harts for that is all he wants is it not

Sherry's quiet place said...

oops my bad mispelled heart love ya