Saturday, November 15, 2008

Sickness Go Away!

Sickness go away and do not return to me another day!!!!!

I have literally been sick for THREE WEEKS! Now it is full blown Pnuemonia. I have to wonder will it go away. Two trips to the doctor, 4 shots in my backside, and 3 different prescriptions. I am not a sick person, however I am beginning to think I am in a rut!!! A vicious cycle of sickness and I WANT OUT!
How in the world does someone so busy and "healthy" get so sick? And who is going to care for all I am responsible for. Well in the words of my grandmother, "you go and go and never slow down and in order to care for yourself, you have to be sick"....
I am slowly learning, the hard way, that my grandmother is so right. No one will care for you like you do so just take care of yourself. It is so hard in my life to SLOW down. However I find myself being locked in my house for the last two days and the next two nurseing myself back to health.
In my fast pase life I sometime forget what it is I am exactly "called" to do and be. What are we called to do? Who are we called to be? For me at this point in my life; I am called to be a daughter to my heavenly Father. I am called to be a wife, to my husband for the last 11 years, I am called to be a mom, to three beautiful girls. I am called to be a daughter to my mothers, I am called to be a sister, a niece, a granddaughter, a cousin, and a friend.
I am called to do whatever the day brings that would please my father. I am called to worship Him.... It is what I am called to do. It was the purpose of my life.
I am called to love and serve Him, I am called to be a witness of His GREAT LOVE!
What do I want to do? Who do I want people to remember me for.......
Joshua is one of my favorite Bible heroes. He was a great servant to Moses. He refused to be swayed by his peers or by the crowd when he spied out the Promised Land. He followed in the footsteps of a great leader and was a great leader himself -- not an easy task! Joshua was vigorous and vital even in his old age.Most of all, Joshua was obedient to God and did everything that God had commanded him to do, as well as what God had commanded Moses that he should do. In other words, Joshua was faithful!

O LORD God, my Father, when the story of my life is told,may I be viewed as one who was faithful to all that you have asked of me. I want to serve you with an undivided heart and a life that brings you the glory and praise you deserve for your generous grace. Lord help me to see what is first, what you have commanded and not to lead such a busy life that I miss what you have for me.

2 comments:

Christi said...

So sorry to hear. Hope you're feeling better soon. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Sherry's quiet place said...

i belive sickness sometimes gets us to put our focus were it belongs on god to depend upon his hand yes your life is busy and your special talents are much needed but sometimes god just wants us to remember were are strengths come from and that as needed as you are, and you are needed, he needs you more he loves you and wants to pamper you and let you know he is there . sickness is no fun but sometimes not always but sometimes when we ether refuse to slow down or cant he puts the brakes on, and sometimes he slams them and then they lock up until we have cooled off the breaks then release and were on our way moving back down the road we call life yet a little more humble of gods graces. you are his special light never forget that sickness does pass and all lives ills are fleeting but his love for you is eternal. you bless so many just let god bless you . god i pray for my dear friend heal her body, strengthen her mind, give peace to her family life, joy to her children, abundance in her finances, but most of all joy, love peace power ,JUST YOU LORD JUST YOU. amen