Friday, September 7, 2007

Could it get any Clearer???

VERSE: Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others. -- 1 Corinthians 10:24

THOUGHT: Isn't it amazing how the more we try to fix things for ourselves, the more we focus on "looking out for number 1," and the more we also find ourselves isolated from meaningful relationships that make life worth living. "If you want to have a friend, then be a friend," the saying goes. You know what? It's right! It's easy to seek what is only for our own good. That's what most folks do as a matter of course. But what makes Christians redemptive, what makes them like God, is their willingness to think of others before themselves!

PRAYER: Father, forgive me, because I know that I am often selfish and seldom think through the implications of my decisions based on the needs of others. I want to have the mind of Christ and be more selfless and sacrificial with everyone who needs your grace and the tenderness that you have placed within me to share with them.Please bless me as I seek to be like your Son in this area of mylife. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments: