Saturday, October 11, 2008

GOD - Where are you? VACATION!!!

This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it!


How are you out there my blogging friends? It has been a few days since I have blogged. I had a conversation with our principal this week. We were talking about how difficult the past weeks had been for me and my family. I said yes, I have wondered if God was on vacation. She mentioned to me that someone had given her some napkins that said "my gaurdian angel took flight without me"..... What a statement....



My father in law had surgery a few weeks ago and it is has been very difficult. I have been sick and trying to keep working and just begging for relief. By the time I think I am going to be okay my mother in law gets sick . She calls me at work, and says, "I think I have had a heart attack". Standing in my principals office in a meeting I stop, and within ten seconds I am out the door. The adrinalon starts to pump and the momma bear in me takes over and I am on a mission.


I get to her house withing 5 minutes and off to the hospital. So here we are the next day still here, and she is having a heart cath.


So, this morning I woke up with a scripture on my heart.
1 Corinthians 16:13 Be on your gaurd; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong.


As a christian I believe God is faithful and I believe that nothing comes to me unless my heavenly father says its ok. So when I say God, are you on vacation. I have had to step back, ask him what am I supposed to learn from the last 6 weeks of my life. This morning in my quiet time I made a request to God. father I am empty- I need you to feel me up, and give me JOY... I want to laugh, I want to smile and I want to walk in your light that radiates through me.

Well, let me share with you what my Fathers respond was----(okay please dont think I am nuts- however, I felt in my heart, I heard in ears, the words so plainly)

My daughter, my beloved, I love you. I am your Father and I want only the best for you. My promises is for you and you must allow me to hold you up. I would tell you that I have offered you peace, and a way out when there is a need. You my child must take it. You must let go of control and allow me to take control. I will not fight you but I will not disappoint you. I know what is best for you and I have ordained you for such a time. I have called you out and gave you your ministry. Now it is your time to rise up, take your place in the plan I have for you.

Wow, Lord how amazing you are... Teach me to just stop, take in the air, take in the peace that surrounds me. Father if I could just reach the end of this journey- But then again if I reached the end without a battle; the victory wouldn't be near as sweet.....



Father I pray you help me to know the battle is yours. It isnt for me to take but to give it all to you. I have to know you hold us in your hands. You rock us like a baby when we need it, and you hold us up straight and expect us to become the overcomers you have made a way for us to be, when it is time.

~~AMEN~~

1 comment:

Devoted said...

In His time, in His will, in His way. Amen and AMEN, sister! We are lifting you up in this time of stress. May His comfort envelope you and His joy overflow within you.